Your website’s about page is your opportunity to not only share your story but to connect with your readers and potential clients/customers on a level that isn’t about selling. It’s the level where you bond over shared interests and visions. Where you relate over shared tales or similar journeys. Where they have an opportunity to resonate with you on an emotional level. It’s where you become friends.
Ever read someone’s about page and thought, “Man, we could totally be besties?” or “That’s ME – we are the same person!”?
That’s exactly what we’re going for. Ding, ding, ding.
So how do we do that?
Well, you can do it in a bunch of ways and I’m sharing just on of them with you today.
In my About Page Guide and Workbook, I include an about page ‘blueprint’. A part of that blueprint is the rapid fire facts section.
In my book I explain it like this: “Sometimes there are some fun or quirky facts that don’t really fit into your story, but they will endear you to your customers. They offer further opportunities for your customers to relate and connect with you.”
I’ve included some ideas in the workbook for what these facts could be about, but I’ve collected some more here for you today – just fill in the blanks!
- When I was at school my nickname was __________. Can you guess why?
- My secret superpower is __________.
- I don’t usually tell this to people, but when I grow up I want to be a __________.
- My secret guilty pleasure is __________.
- As a teenager I worked as a __________. I learnt many a valuable lessons, including __________.
- If I wasn’t a __________ I would definitely be a __________.
- My most embarrassing fashion faux pas was __________.
- When I’m not at my desk, you’ll find me __________.
- I’m secretly addicted to __________. Don’t tell!
- If I was stuck on a desert island and I could only bring three things, I’d choose __________, __________ and __________.
- Not to brag, but I’d make a mean seamstress/sommelier/football coach/__________.