I freaking love words. Writing them. Reading them. Researching them (I actually do that quite a bit).
When I read or hear a new or unusual word for the first time I’ll immediately start thinking about how I can use it in an upcoming project, blog, or tweet.
I’m a word nerd.
But maybe you’re not?
Cool man. That’s where I come in.
My clients are unique, talented and varied. They own graphic design businesses, head up art retreats, hold wine parties. They also run regulatory bodies, research groups and work in health, safety and business security. Told you they were varied.
What do they have in common?
They don’t have the time/skills/inclination to do their own copywriting and communications.
Luckily, I do.
I am a writer. And a communications + marketing consultant. Not only can I craft you killer copy, I can also implement it for you.
Like words, the intricacies of communication make me hot under the collar. Chatting about marketing timelines, branding elements and messaging makes my heart sing.
Want to know how we can work together?
Clickety-click over here.
It’s not just words that get me hot and bothered. I’m also a yoga teacher and an essential oils advocate. Passions I’ve turned into ‘work’ (I don’t see them like that, though).
How did I get here?
I started my biz at the beginning of 2014. I’d just finished off a three and half year stint working in corporate communications which had followed on from my years at university.
Since the doors swung open here at katiesmyth.com, I have been happily tapping away at my keyboard for a whole bunch of amazing clients.
I’ve also built and launched an eCourse with my biz BFF Alana (enrollment is now closed) and branched off the path just a little by completing my yoga teacher training and becoming a certified essential oils nerd.
Everything I have done in my business has a common thread, I love to make people feel a certain way. Whether that’s a feeling of being supported, being lifted up, being taken care of, or simply a feeling of JOY. That’s my sweet spot. That’s how I serve the world.
Juicy gossip I heard (and by heard, I mean wrote) about me:
- I originally started studying PR because I was going to be the next Samantha Jones (office in Times Square and all)
- My boyfriend and I live with a veritable menagerie – Akiko and Sarge, the unlikely canine duo, and Cupcake the cat.
- I used to have a three hour daily commute to my corporate job. Working for myself, from home, has changed my life – in a good way!
- My name is actually Katherine, but use of that name is reserved for stern words from Mum. Oh, and I go by Kate too!
- I live to eat. Food is most definitely one of my favourite things in the world. I’d really like someone to start a raw vegan dessert delivery service in my area (take my idea – promise I’ll only love you for it!).
- I’m a yoga teacher – find out how we can practice together here.
- I love eating plant-based for my health, the environment, and of course, for my furry (and not so furry) friends.
- I live on the sunny Gold Coast in beautiful Australia.
- I also teach essential oil workshops. Find out more here.
Katie is a multi-passionate gal with a flair for wrangling words, teaching the ancient practice of yoga and sharing her obsession with essential oils.
As a communications + marketing consultant, Katie works with her clients to discover simple and direct messaging which makes customers feel a certain something. Feeling is the central thread which ties Katie’s three
jobs endeavours together.
When she’s not working with her clients, teaching yoga or running essential oil workshops, you’ll probably find her hanging out with her man and mini-menagerie – possibly binge watching Netflix or nose down in fiction.